Search & Win

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Being Poor Sucks Donkey Balls

I've been out of work since Febuary 15th and I STILL haven't received any short-term disablity checks. Why in the fuck am I paying for this shit if it's not going to help me when I need it? The dude called me Thursday and said he was mailing my check out Friday. Woo hoo, right? Yeah, not really. Apparently there's a waiting period and I'm only getting paid from March 2-March 22 when I go back to work. That is some straight up bullshit. Shelter Insurance (Dad's insurance) is trying to dick me around and get out of paying my medical bills and loss of wages. I'll probably have to sue and that's a pain in my ass but it's more than worth it.

My van is all jacked up because my old man had an accident. The transmission's going out and it won't go in reverse at all. Basically, I'm up shit creek because I live about 10 miles from the store and don't have a vehicle that actually works. I had to walk 20 miles round trip a few days ago to pick up my meds and cigs. That fucking HURT. I'm a hiker and used to walking long distances but walking that far on pavement is a whole different ballgame. I'm getting bicycle ready so I'll have a way to work. Oh joy, I get to ride my bike about 10 miles before gearing up for a day of giving showers and wiping asses. Fun times.

Why does my life have to suck? Why does the shit hit the fan all at once, all the time? I must've had one hell of a rockin' past life to deserve all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment