Search & Win

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Introduction

So...where to begin. I'm 28 years old and happily married. We have 3 small children--Monkey Boy (8), Bear (4), and Tappy (2). Monkey Boy had a twin brother, Snickers, who died when they were 3 months old. I work full-time as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at a skilled nursing facility, aka nursing home. I've been working on my RN pre-reqs for the past couple of years, should finish them next summer, and hope to enter the AAS-Nursing program in the fall of 2010. I also have an AA in criminal justice that has been good for absolutely nothing except transfer credits.


In my spare time I like to read, chat on internet message boards, go hiking, and go caving. I'm a member of the National Speleological Society and am in the process of joining the Meramec Valley Grotto. If you live in the STL area and have an interest in caving, check out a Grotto meeting. We meet every 3rd Wednesday at the Powder Valley Nature Center in Kirkwood. I'm still mostly a novice caver, not to be confused with spelunker, and am aching to learn more, especially rapelling.


I have Bipolar Type 1 disorder that is controlled by Lamictal, Anxiety that I sometimes eat Ativan up like Skittles for, Hypothyroid, and PCOS. Hopefully nothing else is wrong with me because I'm already a walking illness. Despite my health problems, I always try to look on the bright side because I figure dwelling on the bad will do nothing but make me sicker. If there's one thing I don't need, it's to be sicker. As long as my meds are working I feel mostly ok, albeit a bit tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment